Chuck Letourneau brings a wide range of experience and skill to the field of Accessible Web Page Design and Assistive Technology:
- Established Starling Access Services in 1996.
- Working with people with disabilities and assistive technology since 1990, six years of which involved working for and managing a high-profile government initiative to integrate persons with disabilities into the modern electronic office.
- Member of the executive board of directors of the Global Alliance on Accessible Technologies and Environments (GAATES.ORG) from 2008 to 2014
- Expertise in accessibility issues relating to the World-wide
Web and Web-site design.
- Past co-chair of the Page Author Guidelines (now Web Content) Working Group of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Accessibility Initiative .
- Past secretary of the Access Working Group of the Treasury Board Secretariat of Canada's Internet Advisory Committee
- Thirty years experience working with computers and software and especially the people who use them.
- Outstanding oral presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in technical writing for both specialists and non-specialists.